Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Jake's Graduation and Our Cousins Come to Knoxville!

Pop and four of his grandkids!
Jake receiving his diploma from his Pastor.

Allie was part of the program and did a great job singing!
Jake singing with his class
He was Joseph in one of the skits.
With Auntie Carla and MarkGreat pic if she hadn't put up her hand :(
With those crazy cousins!

Chloe and I had a great trip to Georgia for Jake's Kindergarten Graduation! The weather was beautiful and Chloe slept most of the way...I did have to hold her hand until about Chatanooga..Some may think I am a pushover, but the whining just grates on my nerves and I didn't mind that I almost dislocated my shoulder in the process because I had sweet peace and quiet....Anyway, the graduation was such a blessing! I could not wait to get home and tell John all about it...Growing up in a public school, this is all very foreign to me and I was just praising the Lord for the opportunity that Chloe will have to attend a good Christian school because John and I both have a deep conviction about Christian education..The things they had learned and memorized were amazing...I could go on and on and I am not saying that I did not get a great education in the public school that I attended, but that was a while back ( not going to say how long, but long enough :) ) and the Lord very much protected me during that time and they were not teaching and propagating what they are now...I am just thankful for all that Chloe will glean from attending a Christian School. We also got to see our favorite Pop as he came for the big night too! Auntie Carla, Uncle Trevor, Mark, Jake, Allie also got to come to our house for a few days last week..We loved having them here and hope they had a great time..Got a few pics, but my camera was on a weird setting so they look kind of funny! Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Becky Gravley said...

your blog looks beautiful!! i love the big picture at the top =) i am writing to tell you that i DIED laughing at what you said about dislocating your shoulder to hold chloe's hand on your trip. that is so funny, cause i didn't think anyone else did that except me. my hand is usually falling off after about 5 minutes of that, but it sure does quiet them down. today all of the gravley cousins minus 1 (7 in all) went to the zoo in DC. the trip home that should have taken 2 hours took 4!! yippee! love and miss you!! =)